Frequent Questions

Completing RCRA ID number and address fields for facilities in foreign countries

If a TRI-covered facility transfers waste to a facility located in a foreign country, how does the facility complete the RCRA identification (ID) number and address fields on the Form R for transfers to off-site locations?

The facility should enter NA in the RCRA ID field.  For the address, the facility should enter the complete address of the receiving facility in the off-site address fields, the city in the city field, the foreign state or province in the county field, the postal code in the zip code field, and the foreign country code in the country field.  The most commonly used foreign country codes are listed in Table IV of the Reporting Forms and Instructions.  The facility does not need to enter information in the state field.  Additional guidance can be found in the Toxic Release Inventory Reporting Forms and Instructions.

Have more questions? Submit a request