Frequent Questions

Supplier notification for isopropyl alcohol and saccharin

EPA requires some suppliers of mixtures or other trade name products containing one or more of the EPCRA §313 TRI chemicals to notify their customers.  Why is supplier notification not required for isopropyl alcohol (CAS 67-63-0) and saccharin (CAS 81-07-2)? 

Supplier notification is not required because isopropyl alcohol and saccharin have a manufacturing qualifier.  Facilities that only process or otherwise use either of these TRI chemicals are not required to file TRI reports.  Therefore, manufacturers of these chemicals do not need to notify their customers that these are reportable TRI chemicals.

Have more questions? Submit a request