Frequent Questions

Paper submissions to state or tribal authority

Does my facility need to submit a paper TRI form to my state or tribal authority?


Facilities that use TRI-MEweb and reside in a state or tribal country participating in the TRI Data Exchange (TDX) will have their forms sent simultaneously to EPA and their respective state/tribe via TDX.

Please be aware that if your facility does not reside in a state/tribe participating in TDX, any forms submitted via TRI-MEweb will not automatically be sent to the state/tribe. After these facilities submit their reports to EPA via TRI-MEweb, they can use TRI-MEweb to print a submission for the state/tribe on paper, diskette, CD, or DVD. To verify the preferred method of submission for each state or tribe, go to the TRI State Programs website at, or the TRI Tribal Contacts website at


Have more questions? Submit a request